By Chef Glenn McAllister
Author of Recipes for event: the final word advisor to Dehydrating meals for the Trail, Chef Glenn contains a supplemental bankruptcy with a few of his favourite recipes, from unstuffed peppers to pumpkin pie, and the fundamentals for getting ready dehydrated meals.
Read or Download 1001 Miles on the Appalachian Trail PDF
Best hiking & camping books
America's favourite survivalist writer dips into his thoughts to convey you a few of his fondest—and funniest—yarns approximately searching, fishing, and the backwoods existence, informed as purely Ragnar can. you will love this glimpse on the pranks and mishaps that formed this useful glossy survivalist. As Ragnar says, "Thanks to all of the do-gooder laws, we are not purported to trigger dynamite, hunt boars, shoot crows, or anything," but that is simply what he and his pals did, and those are the main wonderful real tales in their escapades through the years.
* Compelling experience with an environmental concentration* An informative traditional and cultural heritage of 1 of our final wild coastlines* writer is a pioneer in "packrafting," an rising development in backcountry travelIn June 2007, Erin McKittrick and her husband, Hig, launched into a 4,000-mile excursion from Seattle to the Aleutian Islands, touring exclusively by means of human strength.
Top effortless Day Hikes Jacksonville, Florida contains concise descriptions and distinct maps for twenty easy-to-follow hikes in and round the River urban. observe the typical splendors of the 1st Coast—including the Ralph E. Simmons kingdom wooded area and the St. Mary’s River; Jennings kingdom woodland; the hammock woods, shell mounds, and river perspectives at fortress Caroline; and the easiest of Jacksonville’s coastal islands Look within for:• Thirty-minute strolls to half-day adventures• Hikes for everybody, together with families• Mile-by-mile instructions and transparent path maps• Trail Finder for top hikes for river and circulate fans, youngsters, canines, or views• GPS coordinates
From wild carrot to serviceberries, pineapple weed to watercress, lamb’s region to sea rocket, Foraging Oregon uncovers the safe to eat wild meals and healthy herbs of the Beaver kingdom. Helpfully prepared by way of plant households, the e-book is an authoritative advisor for nature fans, outdoorsmen, and gastronomes.
- Making Great Cowboy Coffee: A Guide to Brewing Cowboy Coffee at Home and on the Campfire
- Trekking in the Apennines: The Grande Escursione Appenninica (International Walking)
- Desperate Steps: Life, Death, and Choices Made in the Mountains of the Northeast
- Walks of a Lifetime: Extraordinary Hikes from Around the World
Additional info for 1001 Miles on the Appalachian Trail
1001 Miles on the Appalachian Trail by Chef Glenn McAllister