By Abbott Gleason
- Includes essays by way of either favorite and rising students from Russia, nice Britain, the USA, and Canada
- Analyzes the full sweep of Russian background from debates over tips on how to establish the earliest Slavs, in the course of the Yeltsin period, and destiny customers for post-Soviet Russia
- Offers an in depth evaluate of the medieval interval, faith, tradition, and the studies of normal people
- Offers a balanced evaluation of either conventional and state-of-the-art issues, demonstrating the diversity and dynamism of the field
Read or Download A Companion to Russian History (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) PDF
Similar russian history books
This assortment offers the most important fresh writings at the Russian Revolution and its context. It brings jointly key texts to demonstrate new interpretive techniques and covers the crucial subject matters and topics. jointly, the chapters during this quantity shape a coherent illustration of either the occasions and the theories and debates that relate to them.
An exam of the problems confronted by means of the Russian army in planningand engaging in city operations in Chechnya. Russian and insurgent army forces fought to regulate the Chechen urban ofGrozny within the winters of 1994-1995 and 1999-2000, in addition to clashing insmaller cities and villages. the writer examines either Russian and rebeltactics and operations in these battles, targeting how and why thecombatants' techniques replaced over the years.
Beginning in 1943, hundreds of thousands of youngsters have been separated into boys’ and ladies’ faculties in towns around the Soviet Union. the govt. sought to augment gender roles in a wartime context and to reinforce self-discipline and order via isolating girls and boys into diversified school rooms. this system was once a failure.
A prepared observer of tradition, Czech author Vladimír Macura (1945–99) dedicated a life-time to illuminating the myths that outlined his state. The Mystifications of a country, the 1st book-length translation of Macura’s paintings in English, bargains essays deftly reading a number of cultural phenomena that originate, Macura argues, within the “big bang” of the nineteenth-century Czech nationwide Revival, with its party of a uniquely Czech identification.
- Stalin and the Soviet-Finnish War, 1939-1940 (Soviet (Russian) Study of War)
- Demobilized Veterans in Late Stalinist Leningrad: Soldiers to Civilians
- Stalin and Stalinism: Revised 3rd Edition (Seminar Studies)
- New Russia: Volume 12 (RLE: Early Western Responses to Soviet Russia)
- A History of the Czechoslovak Ocean Shipping Company, 1948–1989: How a Small, Landlocked Country Ran Maritime Business During the Cold War (Soviet and Post-Soviet Politics and Society Book 146)
- Wolfhounds and Polar Bears: The American Expeditionary Force in Siberia, 1918–1920
Additional resources for A Companion to Russian History (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)
A Companion to Russian History (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) by Abbott Gleason