By Syed Z., MD, FRCPath, FIAC Ali,Justin A., MD Bishop,Anil V., MD Parwani,MD Sheth Sheila,MD Tatsas Armanda,MD Tsai Salina
In seven chapters, radiologic and pathologic photos are prepared for simple correlation and comparability of diagnostic beneficial properties completely illustrating all-important features of the radiology, cytopathology and histopathology of the foremost sickness techniques in every one organ procedure.
beneficial properties comprise:
- 749 excessive solution radiologic, cytopathologic and histopathologic pictures prepared for simple correlation and comparability
- Comprehensive insurance of organ platforms and disorder strategies
- Coverage contains non-neoplastic and benign lesions in addition to malignancy
- Authors are professional school from either diagnostic specialties
By Richard B. Buxton
By Thomas Brandt,Marianne Dieterich,Michael Strupp
By J.-C. Givel,F. Saegesser
By Taofic Mounajjed,Vishal S. Chandan,Michael S. Torbenson
This text offers a pragmatic advisor for the diagnostic surgical pathologist in comparing tumors regarding the liver. It comprehensively covers the histological findings and key scientific and molecular correlates of liver tumors. The focus is on fabric that's such a lot appropriate to the particular perform of liver pathology including these facets which are without delay appropriate to the analysis, subtyping and prognostication of hepatic adenomas specimens, together with biopsy specimens and surgical resections. The e-book will educate pathologists the best way to keep away from universal diagnostic pitfalls. every one bankruptcy makes use of or discusses the nomenclature and type approach of liver tumors as in step with the present WHO category of liver tumors. Each bankruptcy totally accommodates the freshest diagnostic methodologies, together with immunohistochemistry and molecular methods. Referencing is succinct and references were conscientiously selected for his or her key position because the fundamental assets of knowledge on a given disorder. The textual content is richly illustrated with appealing colour pictures that spotlight not only the “average” histological findings for a given entity, but additionally absolutely illustrate all of the key histological variability. Gross images are additionally integrated to spotlight very important diagnostic positive aspects. Tables are used judiciously to offer precis info that permits a short evaluation on how related entities evaluate and contrast. In addition, the medical importance of assorted illnesses can be mentioned in a centred type that highlights how pathology info is getting used to make key medical administration judgements. each one bankruptcy is written by way of specialists in hepatopathology, all from the Mayo medical institution Departments of Pathology.
Surgical Pathology of Liver Tumors will be of serious software to surgical pathologists and surgical pathologists in education in addition to clinicians all for the care of sufferers with liver tumors, rather hepatologists and oncologists.
By Barbara J Aehlert
- Full-color illustrations convey transparent, bright shows of crucial options and customary cardiac rhythms for transparent and straightforward interpretation.
- Concise, available bullet issues and numbered lists make key info effortless to discover, learn, and understand.
- Over 70 tables in the course of the textual content together with dysrhythmias and cardiac drugs give you the fundamentals of dysrhythmias and medicinal drugs at a glance.
- Commonly used yet infrequently memorized details damaged down into tables, algorithms, and acronyms help in finding crucial information.
By Louis-Cyril Celestin
Genius and dilettantism usually cross hand in hand. Nowhere is that this more true than within the lifetime of Charles-Edouard Brown-Séquard, the bilingual healthcare professional and neurologist who succeeded Claude Bernard because the Chair of Experimental medication on the collage de France in Paris after having practiced in Paris, London and within the united states, specifically in Harvard.
For such a lot males, making one discovery of world significance could have sufficed to meet their interest and self-image. now not so Brown-Séquard. His clarification of the neurological disparity following the hemi-section of the spinal wire used to be a distinct fulfillment that extra his identify to the syndrome and made him immortal. but, the demons of his brain tormented him in his never-ending look for clinical truths and drove him to discover different phenomena, trying to clarify and therapy them.
This precise biography exhibits for the 1st time the clash among his expert and private lifestyles, and will attract all scholars of scientific background and psychology.
By Werner Hassler,H. Steinmetz
By Jeannette M. Potts
By Alexandra J. Golby
Image-Guided Neurosurgery provides readers with an replace at the progressive advancements in imaging and visualization in terms of neurosurgery. From the improvement of the pneumoencephalogram, to the working microscope, to go sectional imaging with CT and later MRI, to stereotaxy and neuronavigation, the facility to imagine the pathology and surrounding neural constructions has been the using issue top surgical innovation and enhanced outcomes.
The booklet presents a accomplished reference at the program of latest imaging applied sciences utilized in neurosurgery. particular concepts mentioned contain mind biopsies, mind tumor resection, deep mind stimulation, and extra.
The booklet is perfect for neurosurgeons, interventional radiologists, neurologists, psychiatrists, and radiologists, in addition to technical specialists in imaging, snapshot research, machine technological know-how, and biomedical engineering.
- A complete reference on image-guided neurosurgery
- Includes insurance of neuronavigation in cranial surgical procedure and complicated imaging, together with useful imaging, adoption of intra-operative MRI and rising technologies
- Covers all image-guided neurosurgery instruments, together with robot surgical devices
- Ideal reference for subject matters with regards to neurosurgery, imaging, stereotaxis, radiosurgery, radiology, epilepsy, MRI, using clinical robotics, lasers, and more